The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), invites applications for its International Fellowships for Indian biomedical scientists 2014-15. One of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world, the ICMR is the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research.
Number of Fellowships
• Young Scientists-12
• Senior Scientists-6
• Young Scientists - 3-6 months
• Senior Scientists - 10-15 days
- Age Limit: Below 45 years of age for young scientists and 57 years for senior scientists
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must possess M.D/ Ph.D degree with at least three years teaching/ research experience for young scientist posts and at least fifteen years for senior scientists. Besides, the candidate must hold a regular position in a recognised biomedical/ research/ health institution in India.
- Under this fellowship, the young scientists will receive US$ 3000 per month, contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare).
- Whereas, the senior scientists will get US$ 200 per day (including US$ 75 as per diem and US$ 125 is for accommodation expenses) and contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- along with the return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare).
Other Essential Requirements
• The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the foreign Institute where he/she proposes to work along with a concrete plan of training/research work to be undertaken during the fellowship
• Recommendation by the Head of the parent organisation/ institute is essential.
Candidates please make note that the incomplete applications will not be entertained in any case, and the decision of ICMR will be final.
If selected, the fellowship is to be availed before 28 February 2015.
All the applicants have to submit 10 copies of the application at the address mentioned below:
"International Health Division (IHD), Indian Council of Medical Research, V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Post Box No.4911, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110029"
For more details click here.