GLA University, Mathura, invites applications for its various Ph.D programmes 2014. Admissions to these two year full-time programmes will be given on the basis of the scores of the Entrance Examination which will be conducted by the University.
- A candidate applying for Ph.D. Programme in a particular discipline must possess a Master's degree in relevant/ appropriate discipline/ field/subject with first division. Where the division is not awarded, the applicant must have obtained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% in Master's degree. A candidate for Applied Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences will also be considered with 55% marks in Master's degree provided he/ she has qualified NET/ JRF or equivalent examination.
- If a candidate has obtained a Master's degree by Research only, then in his/ her case, the requirement of first division/ CGPA will be waived off provided the candidate has at least one publication in refereed journal of repute.
- Further, a candidate holding Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Pharmacy with Honour's or having CGPA of 8.25 and above on a 10 point of scale or 75%, and five years of teaching/ research experience with at least one publication in refereed journal of repute, can be considered for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
In addition (to fulfilling eligibility citeria), all applicants shall have to qualify the Ph.D. entrance test conducted by the GLA University or by Central Bodies such as UGC/ CSIR/ IITs/ IIMs. The applicants qualifying in the entrance test shall also undergo an interview by the Departmental Research Degree Committee (RDC) of the Institute.
NET & JRF qualified candidates are entitled to apply directly.
- Last date for receiving applications for Ph.D. 13th January, 2014
- Date of Entrance Test 25th January, 2014
- Date of Interview 25th January, 2014
Prof. Surendra Kumar
For more details click here.