The objective of the programme is to broaden core managerial competencies to further enhance the professional growth of defence officers. The specific objectives of the programme are -
- To familiarise the officers with the framework of business environment.
- To equip defence officers with management skills necessary for leadership roles.
- To supplement existing expertise of participant with general management and functional area knowledge.
- To enhance analytical skills for effective decision making.
- To strengthen strategic leadership and team working skills.
- To provide them with exposure in different areas of management that is necessary while selecting the second career.
Pedagogy / Methodology:
The 24 weeks programme will include contemporary pedagogy like, case based analysis, lectures, exercises, simulation and games, projects/ assignments etc. Among the total hours of study, 85% will be theory and 15% will be practical. Industry/ Speaker series or visits may be organised during the course. These interactions complement classroom learning and bring in practical perspectives to management theories. The speakers discuss diverse topics such as international growth, corporate diversity, corporate ethics etc. FORE School keeps on hosting a number of annual conferences and seminars with distinguished business leaders and entrepreneurs as guest speakers. Hands on experience will be provided in computer lab and field based projects.
Last date to apply: 1st June, 2014
For more details, click here.