Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi invites applications for admissions into its distance management programmes for the academic session 2016-17.
The distance MBA programmes offered by IGNOU New Delhi are:
- Distance Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
Who is eligible for IGNOU's distance MBA programmes?
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks for general category and 45% for reserved category.
- Along with the above, candidates must have 3 years managerial/supervisory/professional experience.
- Candidates must have a professional degree with 50% marks in engineering/medicine/chartered accountancy (ICAI) / cost and works accountancy (ICWAI)/ company secretaryship (ICSI)/law.
Note: All candidates must have cleared the OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU as a mandatroy for admission.
How to apply for IGNOU's distance MBA programmes?
- Application forms for the programmes are available on the official website of IGNOU.
- Candidates have to send in the filled in application form to 'the Registrar (SED), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi - 110068', by registered post/speed post.
- Candidate who have taken OPENMAT-XL exam can apply for admission to semester 1, 2017 (January 2017).
- Candidates interested to join to semester 2 are required to register for OPENMAT-XLI exam or can apply with OPENMAT-XL exam scores.
- Last date for submission of application forms for OPENMAT-XL (1st semester): July 15, 2016
- Date of OPENMAT-XL examination: August 21, 2016.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was establishedin 1985. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with a strength of 4,528 students.
Today, it serves the educational aspirations of over 3 million students in India and other countries through 21 Schools of Studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 2,667 learner support centres and 29 overseas partner institutions.
The University offers about 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes, with a strength of nearly 810 faculty members and 574 academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres and about 33,212 academic counsellors from conventional institutions of higher learning, professional organisations, and industry among others.