Delhi University, invites applications for its Ph.D programme in Anthropology for the academic year 2014. Eligible students can apply online by logging on to the official website of Delhi University. This programme is run by the Department of Anthropology of Delhi university.
Who can apply:
Students who are in receipt of any of the following types of fellowships/ stipends.
- University/ Teaching Assistantships
- JRF through UGC/ NET and CSIR/NET
- Fellowship of CSIR/CAR/ICSSR/ICHR/ICMR/DBT/DST or from any other recognised government institutions/ organisations.
- Rajiv Gandhi Fellowships for SC/ST from UGC
- SAP Fellowship from UGC
- Project JRF/ Project Assistant
- Candidates with UGC (non-NET) fellowships Rs.5000/- fellowship under the new scheme).
- Teachers of the University of Delhi and its affiliated colleges.
- Foreign students with their own fellowships
50% or above marks in aggregate and 50% or above marks in Anthropology 60% or above marks in aggregate 60% or above marks in aggregate and 60% or above marks in Anthropology 60% or above marks in aggregate.
Once the candidates are short listed, an interview will be conducted by the selection committee which includes Chairperson, Head of the Department and Two faculties. However, number of students that can be taken in each department under this category shall be as per the stipulations in Annexure-II.
Teachers of the University of Delhi and its affiliated colleges will be registered as per the existing provisions in the ordinance. Foreign researcher students with fellowships from their country of origin or recognised international agencies can apply for this programme.
Last date to apply: 28th February, 2014
For more details, click here.