Applications are invited by Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore for admission to various medical courses for the academic session 2015.
The following are the courses offered at CMC:
- 4½ years including one year's internship Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- 4 years Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- 2 years Master of Science (M.Sc) programmes offered in various specialisations
For MBBS Programme: A candidate for admission to medical program must have 60% marks at +2 level in each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology taken together) and have an aggregate of 140/200 in these subjects, both at qualifying and competitive examinations and should have passed in English.
For B.Sc in Nursing Programme: Candidates should have a pass with 45% aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
For BOT/BPT Programme: Candidates should have a pass in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
How to apply:
- Application forms are available online.
- The application fee includes a basic administrative fee of Rs.800/- in addition to a registration fee per course applied. The registration fee per program is Rs.500/-.
- The application fee can be paid by any one of the methods given below:
- Demand draft in favour of "C.M.C. Vellore Association a/c" on any Scheduled Bank, payable in Vellore. Or
- As a challan at no extra cost at any branch of ICICI bank in India. Or
- Online payment using only credit/ debit card.
- Candidates shall go through a competitive process comprising of a preliminary computer based entrance test (step-1).
- Short-listed candidates shall be invited for step-2 which consists of special tests to assess the candidate's character and aptitude.
- Interviews also shall form part of the assessment at this stage. All admissions are based on merit.
- Last date for applying online: March 26, 2015
- Last date of receiving payment proof /relevant supporting documents: April 02, 2015
- Date of online exam: May 23, 2015
For more information, visit CMC, Vellore