Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI), Chennai, invites applications for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses, for the academic year 2014-14.
The courses are offered in:
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year integrated course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3 year integrated course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Applications of Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics.
Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with mathematics as one of the subjects, from any of the recognised board of examinations.
Candidates should have passed B.Sc / B.Tech / BCA / B.Stat degree from any of the recognised universities.
Candidates should have passed M.Sc / B.E / B.Tech / MCA degree from any of the recognised universities.
All students receive handsome scholarships that meet all expenses. B.Sc. (Hons.) students receive a scholarship of Rs 4,000/- per month, M.Sc. students receive a scholarship of Rs 6,000/- per month and Ph.D. scholarships start at Rs 16,000/- per month. Students of B.Sc. (Hons.) also receive an additional monthly scholarship of Rs 1,000/-, made possible through generous private donations.
How to apply:
- Candidates have to apply online.
- Application forms can be obtained from the office of Chennai Mathematical Institute.
- Last date for the submission of application form is 15th April 2014.
- Entrance examination would be held on 15th May 2014.
Chennai Mathematical Institute is a centre of excellence for teaching and research in the mathematical sciences. It was founded in 1989 as a part of the SPIC Science Foundation, funded by the SPIC group in Chennai. Since 1996, it has been an autonomous institution. CMI is managed by a Governing Council consisting of eminent persons.
Chennai Mathematical Institute,
Plot H1, SIPCOT IT Park,
Siruseri - 603103, India.
Ph: 044 - 27470226.