Department of Jute and Fibre Technology, Institute of Jute Technology, Calcutta University, announces commencement of the Post B.Sc. Four Semester PG Diploma in Jute Technology and Management course to prepare and educate as Techno-managerial manpower for need of the future Technical managers for Jute Industry for sustainable HRD for Jute Sector to be conducted in this department for sponsored and general (Non- sponsored) candidates.
About the Course :
This Post B.Sc four semester PG Diploma in Jute Technology and Management is the course approved by Calcutta University and AICTE mainly designed to suit the Diploma level technical manpower requirement as technical supervisors for Jute industry and related organisations.
Candidates should have passed B. Sc. examination with Physics and Chemistry as two compulsory papers (along with other possible combination, such as, Mathematics / Statistics / Computer, etc.) of the University of Calcutta or any other Universities, recognised by the UGC, within a duration of 3 years.
- A Common Admission Test (CET) for PGDJTM for all categories of candidates will be conducted by this department.
- The admission test will comprise one paper of 100 marks with four subgroups, viz. (1) General knowledge and English, 25 marks (2) Mathematical aptitude, 25 marks (3) Physics, 25 marks and (4) Chemistry, 25 marks.
- For this year, the admission test will be held on Sunday, 13th July 2014 at 12 AM at the premises of Department of Jute and Fibre Technology, Institute of Jute Technology, Calcutta University (35, Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata-700019) followed by interview on the same day.
- All candidates who have applied for the said course are to appear for the Admission Test.
How to apply:
The application form can be obtained from the university sales counter by paying Rs 500/- (Rs 250/- for SC / ST / OBC / PH) in cash.
- Last date for the submission of application form is 11th July 2014.
- Admission test on 13th July 2014.
Department of Jute & Fibre Technology,
Institute of Jute Technology,
University of Calcutta, 35,
Ballygunge Circular Road,
Kolkata - 700019.
Tel: 033 - 24615444.