Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani has invited applications for admission to second semester full time and part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme in various programmes at Hyderabad, Goa and Pilani campuses for the academic session 2015-16.
Admissions are offered in the following fields: Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Economics and Finance, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmacy, Physics, Humanities and Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary areas such as Biotechnology, Energy, Environment, Robotics, Nano-Science & Nanotechnology and Water Management.
- Candidates with M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply
- Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D. admission subject to their suitability and competence
- Ph.D. programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered
- Full time students: Candidates are required to devote their full time towards Ph.D
- Part time students: Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be eligible
How to Apply?
- Candidates can visit the official website to apply online
- Filled in application form should be sent to Dean Admissions, BITS Pilani-333031 along with the prescribed fee of Rs 2090/-
- For more details on application procedure, visit the official website
Selection of candidates will be based on their performance in written test and interview
- Last date for completed application form to reach admission office: December 14, 2015
- Declaration of shortlisted candidates (through BITS website): December 20, 2015
- Date of test and interview: January 05, 2016
- Announcement of admission offers: January 07, 2016
For more information on college visit the official website