Applications are invited by Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra for Post Graduation programmes.
Candidates will be granted admission in the following programmes: Master of Engineering (M.E), Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) and Master of Science (M.Sc) at Mesra and its Extension Centre, Patna for the session 2016-17.
M.E Programme: Candidates should have completed B.E/ B.Tech/ AMIE or equivalent degree in the relevant discipline with minimum of 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST).
M.Pharm Programme: Candidates must have B.Pharm degree from a PCI and AICTE approved Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST).
M.Tech Programme: Candidates must possess a B.E. / B.Tech/ AMIE/ MCA/ equivalent degree in the appropriate disciplines/ branches for the respective courses with a minimum of 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST). OR
Applicant should have M.Sc degree or equivalent in the relevant discipline and also should have minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST) in bachelor degree or equivalent qualification in 10+2+3 system from a recognised university.
How to Apply?
- To apply online candidates should visit the official website
- An application fee of Rs 2, 500/- (general/ OBC candidates) or Rs 1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) should be paid by the candidates at any nationalised bank. Demand draft should be drawn in favour of "Birla Institute of Technology".
- Filled in application form attested with required documents should be sent to the office of Dean Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi - 835215. Applications can be sent through speed post or reliable courier.
- The envelope should be superscribed with "Application for PG 2016".
- Candidates who have qualified in GATE will be offered admissions to M.E., M.Tech and MUP programme based on their scores obtained in GATE 2015/ GATE 2016, previous academic record and personal interviews/ counselling.
- For other candidates admissions will be offered on the basis of written test, previous academic record and personal interviews/ counselling, conducted by the institute.
- Candidates who have qualified in GPAT will be selected based on the scores obtained in GPAT 2016, and previous academic record of the candidate. Performance in the personal interviews/ counselling will also be considered.
- For other candidates admission will be offered on the basis of their performance in the written test, previous academic record and personal interviews/ counseling.
M.Sc Programme:Candidates will be offered admissions to M.Sc programme on the basis of previous academic record and counselling.
Last date to submit application form: June 08, 2016.