Assam University has invited applications for admissions into MBA programme in general and MBA in Hospitality management for the academic session 2016.
The MBA Programme offered by the Assam University is a 2-year programme. Candidates who are eligible can apply to the MBA programme at the Assam University through the prescribed form latest by July 5, 2016.
Candidates interested to pursue MBA at the Assam University can read here the details about eligibility criteria, application procedure, important dates and more.
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree from a relevant discipline with a minimum of 70% marks in CAT 2015. (or)
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate.
- Candidates who have appeared or appearing in the final semester examination of a bachelor's degree programme before May 31, 2016 can also apply.
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online.
- Application fee of Rs. 700 must be paid by General and OBC/MOBC candidates, while Rs.500 must be paid by SC/ST candidates.
- Applicants have to submit the System generated e-challan to the UCO bank.
- After successful application and verification, candidates will be able to download admit card for the admissions test held by the university.
- Candidates without valid CAT 2015 scores will be selected based on the Writing Skill Assessment Test (WSAT) followed by General discussion and personal interview.
- Last date of submission of application forms: July 5, 2016
- Date of Writing Skill Assessment Test (WSAT): July 8, 2016
- General discussion and personal interview round: 11 - 12 July, 2016
- Display of Merit List: July 14, 2016
- Admission to MBA Programme 2016: 15 - 22 July, 2016
About Assam University
Assam University, Silchar was established in 1994 as a Central University by an Act of Parliament enforced through Notification of the Government of India. The University over the years has made impressive strides in establishing itself as a premier institution of learning in North East India where emphasis persistently has been on the blending of quality education, socially relevant endeavours and scientific pursuits with mission-orientation and tireless striving for excellence. The sprawling University Campus is spread over an area of about 600 acres where 38 Post Graduate Departments under sixteen Schools of Studies of the University function. The institution provides state-of-the-art facilities to students who come from different parts of the country and abroad. The Campus is 23 km off Silchar city. Silchar being the gateway to the southern part of North-east India is the hub of commercial activities and is known for its history as the Tea Capital of South Assam.