Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), invites applications for its Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) examination for the academic year 2014. The course is run by the Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College of AMU. Eligible students can apply online by logging on to the official website of AMU.
- Candidates are advised to check the procedure for filling in the application forms and the documents required for submission, to ensure that the information provided is correct, so as to avoid rejection of forms. Many forms were rejected last year due to same reasons.
- Admission procedure:
- It must be noted that Aligarh Muslim University does not grant any admissions to its MBBS course through any exam [AIPMT, etc.] other than its own entrance. In order to apply for AMU MBBS BDS candidates need to fill the online application form.
- The candidates are required to fill only one application form for applying for MBBS and BDS courses. There is no need to fill different forms, as the exam is a Combined AMU Medical Entrance.
- Merits are generated on the basis of the entrance test. The candidate must score at least 50% marks in the MBBS admission test to be eligible for admissions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For admissions to MBBS, BDS and Diploma in Nursing courses, the candidate must pass in the 12th (HSC) class examination.
- Last date of submitting the application online: 22nd March, 2014
- AMU medical entrance test date: 1st June, 2014
For more details, click here.