Candidates seeking admissions to AIIMS for M.Sc./M.Biotechnology/B.Sc. (Nursing) have to write an online entrance examination.
Admission will be made entirely on the basis of performance of candidates at the entrance examination to be conducted in Delhi. There shall be a uniform minimum cut-off of 50% marks (for all PG Courses) in the competitive entrance test as a condition of eligibility for all candidates.
Entrance exam details:
The question paper for M.Sc./M. Biotechnology courses will be of 90 minutes duration consisting of 90 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) carrying 90 marks in the subject in which the candidates has applied.
*B. M.Sc. Nursing Courses :
The question paper for M.Sc. Nursing courses will be of 90 minutes duration consisting of 90 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) carrying 90 marks.
*B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing (Common to all AIIMS) & B.Sc. (Hons.) Para-Medical Courses:
- The seats will be filled strictly on merit on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates at the entrance examination conducted by the Institute.
- The entrance examination will be conducted in English language only.
Entrance examination for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing for all AIIMS will be conducted in the following cities:
- Bhopal (code 01)
- Bhubaneshwar (code 02)
- Dehradun (code 03)
- Delhi (code 04)
- Jodhpur (code 05)
- Patna (code 06)
- Raipur (code 07)
- Thiruvananthapuram (code 08)
The Entrance Examination for B.Sc. (Hons.) Para-medical courses will be conducted only at Delhi.
The scheme of entrance examination for each course is as under:
B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing (Common to all AIIMS) :
One paper of 2 hours duration and consisting of four parts containing objective type (multiple choice) questions, with distribution of marks as under:
- Part A - Physics 30 marks
- Part B - Chemistry 30 marks
- Part C - Biology 30 marks
- Part D - General Knowledge 10 marks
B.Sc. (Hons.) Para-Medical courses :
- One paper of 1½ hours duration and consisting of objective type (multiple choice) questions in four parts of 30 questions each in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The candidate may either attempt Biology part or Mathematics part.
- Based on the result of the entrance examination, separate merit lists will be prepared for the General, OBC, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate) :
- The examination will be held in Delhi, and in English language only.
- The selection of candidates will be made based on a 2-stage performance evaluation as under :
Stage I : Written Test:
Candidates will appear for an entrance examination (written test) of 90 minutes duration consisting of one paper containing 70 objective type (multiple choice) questions in the subjects of fundamentals of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing including Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery, Paediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing and Professional Trends in Nursing.
Stage II : Personal Assessment / Interview:
On the basis of the merit list based on the marks secured in Stage-I, candidates will be invited for Personal Assessment by a selection committee. If requisite number of SC or ST candidates are not available, then candidates belonging to SC and ST taken together will be invited. In case candidates belonging to SCs, STs & OBCs are not available for Personal Assessment, then the number of candidates from the general category will be proportionately increased.
There will be negative marking for wrong answers in entrance examination for all the courses.
Each correct response will get a score of +1 mark. Each incorrect response will get a score of -1/3.
No credit will be given for the question not answered.
More than one response will be negatively marked.
Candidates have to apply online.
- Last day to apply is 25th April, 2014 till 5pm.
- Entrance examination:
*M.Sc. Courses - 20th July, 2014
*M. Biotechnology - 15th June, 2014
*M.Sc. Nursing - 29th June, 2014
*B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing - 6th July, 2014
*B.Sc. (Hons.) (Post Certificate) - 22nd June, 2014
*B.Sc. (Hons.) Para-Medical - 7th June, 2014
Click here to apply and to know more