There has been an increase in the demand for legal professionals who can support the functioning of giant core sector industries. UPES LL.B programmes empower students to actively take on these roles and meet the standing challenges and set newer benchmarks.
BA LL.B (Hons.):
BA LL.B (Hons.) with specialisation in Energy Laws programme has been prepared with the purpose of creating dedicated professionals who are well trained in legal framework and contractual requirements for energy sector companies.
BBA LL.B (Hons.):
The objective of BBA LL.B (Hons.) with specialisation in Corporate Laws programme is to create a new race of corporate lawyers who would not only understand the intricacies of business, but also be equally well-versed in the nuances of Corporate Laws and Regulatory Affairs.
B.Tech Energy Technology + LL.B:
B.Tech Energy Technology + LL.B with specialisation in Intellectual Property Rights programme is aimed towards developing competent legal professionals who are aware of the intricacies of legal matters pertaining IPR in Energy and allied sectors. Innovation is what drives every successful organisation and in order to develop something unique, companies invest a lot into research and development activities.
Computer Science Engineering + LL.B:
The objective of B.Tech Computer Science Engineering + LL.B (Hons.) with specialisation in Cyber Law programme is to develop a new segment of legal professionals who would carry profound knowledge of World Wide Web and the laws pertaining to it. There are various aspects of the cyber world where laws are applicable, such as copyright infringement, online banking/ transactions, transfer of information, harassment and much more.
B.Com LL.B (Hons.):
B.Com + LL.B with specialisation in Taxation Law is a multidisciplinary programme that brings together two important study areas Law and Economics. The course enables students to develop a thorough understanding of legal theory and practice while imparting knowledge about trade and commerce intricacies.
LL.M (Master of Laws) with specialisation in Energy Laws programme focuses on the legal aspects pertinent to the energy sector and aims at developing competent legal practitioners carrying expertise in the field of energy law and well-versed with the knowledge on national and international regulatory frame work of energy business.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks at higher and senior secondary level (10th and 12th)
- For B.Com LL.B (Hons.), candidates must have minimum of 50% marks at higher and senior secondary level (10th and 12th) in commerce stream only.
- For LL.B Energy Technology + LL.B, Computer Science Engineering + LL.B and B.Com LL.B (Hons.) candidates must have a minimum of 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at senior secondary level.
- For LL.M candidates, in addition to the above criteria, candidates must have a LLB degree + 1 year experience as a corporate lawyer or practicing lawyer.
- Candidates have to register for UPES Legal Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) or for UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) based on the programme chosen.
- Non examination pathway - Law Programmes through board merit/ CLAT merit / L-SAT India merit.
- UL-SAT followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- For B.Tech Energy Technology + LL.B and Computer Science Engineering + LL.B admissions is via UPESEAT followed by centralised counseling. Final selection list will be declared after the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
As an integral part of the academic curriculum, every student is assigned to a Law Firm, Legal process outsourcing organisations, NGOs, Legal cells of Blue-Chip Organisations and Advocates/Lawyers of repute. This allows them to comprehend the deliberations and delivery of legal advice.
How to apply?
- Candidates have to apply online.
- On the basis of information provided in the application form, admit card of provisionally eligible candidates will be uploaded on the University website.
- Candidates are required to download the admit card accordingly.
- The duly completed downloaded admit card with photograph affixed (duly attested) in the space provided will have to be produced at the allotted test centre.
- Candidates without the admit card or card without the photograph will not be permitted to take the test.
- LLB- All Streams (UL-SAT) and UPESEAT will be conducted on 24th May, 2014
- Last date to receive the filled application (OMR form/ online) is 9th May, 2014
- Admit card can be downloaded from the University's official website on 17th May, 2014
Click here for further details and to apply