Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for admission to the Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D) at Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi, Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering (CIAE), Bhopal and Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR), Bangalore.
- The candidate should be at least 21 years of age as on 31st July 2014.
- Candidates must have passed Masters degree in relevant discipline with 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks from any of the recognised universities.
The weightage for entrance examination is 80%. The candidates will have to appear for entrance examination consisting of one paper of three parts: Part-I (General Agriculture) and Part-II & III (Subject Paper). The minimum qualifying mark is 50% for General/OBC, 45% for SC/ST/PC candidates. Total marks would be considered for the preparation of merit.
The weightage for interview is 10%. Candidates qualifying in the entrance examination will be called for interview in the ratio of maximum 1:4 (No. of seats: No. of students called for interview). The interview would be held on 7th July 2014 in respective divisions or institutes at IARI campus.
How to apply:
- Candidates have to apply online.
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin and also the help manual available on the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) website.
- Before filling the online application form, the candidates are required to get the demand draft of the requisite fee (Rs. 1,000/- for Gen/OBC category and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PC category) prepared from any branch of nationalized bank in favour of Director, IARI, payable at New Delhi.
- After successful submission, the candidate should take a printout of the online submitted application form and send the hard copy of it to Registrar, PG School, IARI, New Delhi -12 with required documents.
- Last date for receipt of application form is 09th April 2014.
- Entrance examination would be held on 08th June 2014.
Registrar, PG School,
IARI, New Delhi-110012.