Aspirants who are aiming at getting into Combined Defence Services (CDS) can now apply for the upcoming Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam as UPSC has opened its admissions for CDS.
Candidates have to fill an online form and submit it on the UPSC official website. The deadline to submit the application form is 2 December 2016. The exam is scheduled on 5 February 2017. The admission will be completed only if the candidate fulfills the eligibility criteria.
- For I.M.A. and Officers' Training Academy, candidates should have degree of a recognised University or its equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy, candidates should have degree in engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy, candidates should have degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Note: Candidates in their final year who are awaiting their degree results are also eligible to apply.
Candidates are charged a fee of Rs 200 for their application. However, reserved candidates are not required to pay.
- Download the pay-in slip and print it.
- Fill in the details and deposit the slip.
Note: Last day to deposit the application fees is 1 December, failing which, they can pay through online mode using their Debit card/ Credit card/ Net banking within December 2.
How to apply for UPSC CDS 2017?
- Visit www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the link ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC
- Under Combined Defence Services Examination (I) there are two parts in the registration process. Click Part I.
- Read the instruction and press 'I Agree' Button.
- You will be directed to a new screen where you should fill in details such as name and e-mail ID.
- Click Continue. A prompt will appear to check the details and make corrections if any.
- After verifying your details, click OK.
- Enter the payment details and upload your scanned photograph in Part II
- Click on Submit
- An auto-generated registration number will appear.
- Save it and take a print out for further reference