Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Rohtak issued admission policy for the academic year 2014 for admission to overseas students.
Overseas applications from Non-Resident Indians (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and foreign citizens for admission to the Post-Graduate Programme 2014-16 (5th Batch) of IIM Rohtak are accepted from the date October 1, 2013 and till the date December 31, 2013.
Applications will be entertained only during this period. To be considered as an overseas candidate, a candidate should have been staying continuously abroad for a period not less than 18 months, preceding the last date of application (December 31, 2013). The overseas status of the applicant should be supported with adequate proof.
The calculation of months will be based on the following criteria:
- Full month will be counted if a candidate has joined on/before 15th of the specified month.
- If a candidate joins after 15th of a specified month, that month will not be counted.
- However in all the cases as stated in point 1, the candidate should have completed the stay abroad till the last day of the relieving month or else the preceding month will be counted.
The selection criteria for overseas candidates consist of:
- CAT/GMAT score (30% weight for the score exceeding the minimum required).
- Work Experience (WE) score (20% weight).
- Score for Past Academic Performance (PAP) (20% weight).
- Scores of any other component including remote interviews over telephone / videoconferencing as may be decided by the Institute from time to time (30% weight). Those shortlisted applicants who will be present in India any time during January 15-April 15 (except holidays/Sundays) may be required to undergo personal interviews at IIM Rohtak.
- Three confidential evaluation letters from the employers or relevant faculty of institutions where the candidate studied (at least one of the letters should be from the last institution attended).
CAT/GMAT Score :
Candidates applying using their GMAT scores should be in the top 15 percentile bracket with a minimum score of 670. Those who plan to visit India at any relevant times during August 05, 2013 (first day of sale of CAT 2013 Voucher)-November 11, 2013 (last day of CAT 2013) is required to appear for CAT 2013 and apply using CAT 2013 score. Those who apply using CAT 2013 score should be at least in the top 15 percentile bracket.
Number of Seats :
Admission to overseas applicants is given on seats outside the normal batch size (which is 150-160). There is no specific number of seats kept for overseas candidates. However, the Institute will generally not admit a number more than 15% above the normal batch size.
Fee Structure :
The total fee payable by an overseas applicant (including lodging, but excluding food charges) is US$20000 per year.
Contact for Further Information:
Administrative Officer (Programme),
Indian Institute of Management Rohtak,
M.D.U Campus, Rohtak - 124001, INDIA .
E-mail: email@example.com .