Indian Nationals residing in India are invited to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship for higher studies, research leading to Ph.D /Masters level Study in New Zealand.
Note: Applications on plain paper, as per prescribed format are to reach the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development Department of Higher Education by July 31, 2014.
1. Environmental Studies
2. Agriculture and Fisheries
Number of nomination to be sent: Two
Minimum qualifications required:
- Should have completed Bachelor's Degree/ Master's Degree in the subject or allied fields with minimum 65% marks.
- In case percentage of marks is not available and grades are mentioned, the candidates must indicate the conversion formula adopted by the University/Institution and should also indicate equivalent percentage of marks.
The candidate should not be more than 40 years of age as on 31.07.2014.
Value of Scholarships:
2. Tuition fees
3. Postgraduate research and thesis allowance
4. Medical and Travel Insurance
5. Establishment allowance
6. Living Allowance
- No funding is available for dependants. Students who choose to have their immediate family members join them in New Zealand will be responsible for their financial support.
- The New Zealand Government has the right to amend the terms and conditions of the scholarships as needed.
- Candidates should apply for the above scholarship on thick plain paper (preferably typewritten) with recent passport size photograph duly affixed, furnishing the details/particulars in the given format to the Under Secretary (ES), Scholarship Division, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, West Block-I, Wing-6, 2nd Floor, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 latest by July 31, 2014 (Telephone No. 26172492).
- Application received thereafter will not considered.
- On line applications may be accepted provided hard copy of the application along with enclosures (attested copies of certificates, mark sheet etc.) reach the Ministry within 7 days after the last date.
- Information on the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship scheme, including the list of participating New Zealand education institutions, is available on the scholarships pages of the New Zealand, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the New Zealand Aid Programme website: www.aid.govt.nz/schols.
For more information on general eligibility criteria, tenure of awards, etc. visit, www.osmania.ac.in.