The exam will be held from 10:00 AM to 12:00.
The time table is as following:
|Activity Description||Time||Subject and Code|
|Candidates reporting at the centre||8:30 AM||Computer Engineering (G&01)|
|Authenticating the ADMIT CARD and registering the candidate||8:3 AM onwards|
|Candidate entry closes at the main entrance at||9:15 AM|
|Registration closes at||9:30 AM|
|Candidates will open the secure browser and read instructions from||9:50 AM to 9:55 AM|
|Password announcement and test starts at||10:00 AM|
|Test concludes at||12:00 PM|
|Candidates move out from the examination hall from||12:00 PM to 12:15 PM|
Scheme of the Test:
a) Test will be of two hours duration and will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
b) The test will be an objective type questions with multiple choices answers.
c) The medium of the test will be English only.
d) There will be a penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
Syllabus of the Test:
It comprises the following areas: Programming in Net, ASP, PHP, JAVA, RDBMS, Windows & Unix operating system, Essentials of Networking (LAN/WAN) including Network Administration, Computer Security Administration, Introduction to Information Technology, Programming in C and C++, Data Structures, Microprocessor, Computer Organisation, Peripherals and Interfaces, Computer trouble shooting and Maintenance, Communication systems, Scientific temper relating to the basic understanding of science including everyday; Observation and Experience, Fundamentals of Basic Electronics, Aptitude data interpretation, Communication skills, General Knowledge, Fundamentals of e-governance, Computer Algorithms, Theory of Computation, Compiler Design, Information System and Software Engineering, Web Technologies and Software Testing.
- You must take the test at the test venue indicated in the admission certificate only.
- If you appear at any other test venue, your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- You are directed to undertake the recruitment test at your own risk i.e. after verifying yourself that you fulfill the qualifications as prescribed in the notification, and your admittance to the test is purely 'Provisional'.
- In order to familiarise themselves with computer based test, the candidates are advised to go through the demo on the UPSC Website.
- Mobile phones and other IT gadgets are banned in the test venue.
- The commission does not make any arrangements for boarding and lodging of any candidate. Hence, travelling and other expenses must be borne by the candidates on their own.
- Candidates should not carry any objects like calculators, log tables, slide rules or any other communication devices.
- No candidates will be allowed to leave the test lab during the test.
- No candidate is allowed to leave his/her seat without permission of the invigilator.
- Candidates must bring the printout of E-Admit card to the examination hall.