DNB PDCET is the eligibility-cum-ranking-examination to get in to various Post Diploma courses in modern medicine, under the National Board of Examinations.
NBE shall be conducting DNB PD CET as a computer based test (CBT) on 23rd Nov 2013 at test centres across the country in the following specialities DA, DVD, DNM, DGO, DOMS< DORTHO, DLO, DCH, DPM, DMRD, DMRT, DTCD, DMPR, DCP.
- Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities, which are duly recognised as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956, Govt of India i.e. whoever have passed/passing in the final examinations for Post graduate diploma on or before 31 December 2013, can apply for the Post diploma CET examination.
- Candidate who are qualifying and getting their results after 31st December 2013 or likely to qualify after 31st December 2013, need not apply in the PDCET exam, as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission process.
- Candidates already pursuing a MD/MS/DNB course are not eligible to appear for the PDCET, till such time when they have completed the duration of prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
DNB PD CET Test Pattern:
- PDCET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post diploma DNB 2 years post graduate courses and conducted as computer-based test only.
- The test comprises 180 multiple choice, single correct response questions of 1 mark each in English language.
- Candidates who become successful in the PDCET shall participate in a centralized merit based counselling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/hospitals/medical colleges, in order of their specialty specific merit.
- As a result, candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice, as per availability of their merit.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
- There shall be no negative marking.
Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi & NCR, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Mumbai.
How To Apply:
- Candidates need to be registered online to get application form.
- Application forms can be obtained from the selected branches of Axis Bank on payment of Rs 4250/- in cash.
- Availability of information bulletin at designated branches of Axis Bank from 7th Oct to 8th Nov 2013.
- Last date to submit online application form is 10th Nov 2013.
- DNB PD CET 2014 will be held on 23rd Nov 2013.
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road),
New Delhi - 110029.