The Research Division focuses on the five major disciplines:
- Science & Technology
- Candidates who have secured 55% (50% SC/ST/CAT-I) of marks in their Master's degree or equivalent examination from the recognised university.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for the Ph.D entrance test.
- The candidates have to satisfy other eligibility conditions as stipulated in the regulations.
- Candidates who have UGC/CSIR JRF fellowships through the UGC/CSIR NET examinations.
- Candidates who have completed M.Phil course are also exempted from the entrance test, provided the M.Phil course was through an entrance examination.
Entrance test pattern:
- There will be only one question paper carrying 1200 marks of 3 hours duration.
- The question paper will be in two parts, Part-A will be having 50 objective type questions of one marks each. Part-B will be having 10 essay type/short answer questions of 10 marks each.
- The candidates would be required to answer all the questions of part-A, and any five questions from part-B.
How to apply:
- Candidates have to apply online.
- Candidates have to pay Rs 2,000/- (Rs 1,000/- for SC/ST/CAT-I) in form of bank challan, can be downloaded from the website.
- Last date for the receipt of application is 30 Oct 2013.
- Entrance exam will be conducted on 15 Dec 2013.
University of Mysore
pareeksha Bhavan (Behind Crawford Hall),
Tel: 0821 - 2419447.