UPSC- Union Public Service Commission has announced the examination for selection of candidates for appointment as Special Class Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways via SCRA-2014 (Special Class Railway Apprentices) examination.
The SCRA-2014 exam will be held on 12th January, 2014 in accordance with the rules listed by the Ministry of Railways.
Candidates interested to apply for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the SCRA-2014 examination.
Please Note: Admissions at all stages of the examination will be purely provisional, subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Any Indian Nationals who have attained the age of 21 years, and not have attained the upper age limit on 1st January, 2014.
Qualifications Required: The candidates must hold any degree in any discipline from any recognised university. Final year degree students who will obtain a degree by August 1, 2013 are also eligible for SCRA- 2014. The degree can be of any class (distinction, first, second etc) Degree obtained by distance education/ open university is also eligible if the university is a recognised university.
How to apply?
Candidates are required to apply online at the website: www.upsconline.nic.in.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-admission certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-admission certificate will be made available on the UPSC website: www.upsc.gov.in, where candidates can download their e-admission certificate.
- No admission certificate will be sent by post. All applicants are required to provide valid and active e-mail id while filling up online application form, as the commission may use electronic mode for communication.
- No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he/she has submitted his/her application will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Last date for submission of applications is 4th November, 2013 till 11:59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- The exam will be held on 12th January, 2014.
In case of any guidance/ clarification regarding their applications, candidates can contact UPSC's facilitation counter near gate 'C' of its campus in person or over the telephone at 011-23385271/ 011-23381125/ 011-23098543 on working days between 10 AM to 5 PM.