It focuses on bringing in conversation with the best minds in the world of literature within and outside India.
BLF invites all bookworms and bibliophiles to relish in the Garden City of India and meet writers arriving from across the world to 'Namma Bengaluru'.
BLF aspires to be an Annual Flagship event in the cultural calendar of Bangalore and would focus on rekindling the romance with literature and foster reading and writing, especially among the youth. It offers a national platform with a local appeal and bridges the gap between literature in English and Indian regional languages.
Crown Plaza, at Velankani Park,
Electronics City, Bangalore,
Dates: BLF will be held on 27th, 28th and 29th of September, 2013.
- Inauguration begins: 10:00 A.M
- Inaguration by Chandrashekhara Kambara, Nabaneeta Dev Sen, Ramakant Rath, Ramachandra Guha, Christoph Bertrams, Vikram Sampath.
- Launch of Festival edition "Beantown"- the quarterly literary magazine of BLF.
Highlights of 27th September 2013
- From 11:30 - 12:30: A Celebration of Love & life: an intimate note to the sincere seeker: Lecture on writing on spirituality by Art of Living Founder,Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- From 12:30 - 1:30: "HeLatthena kELa: Kambararondhige Sahithya sallaapa": Dr Chandrashekhara Kambara in conversation with C. Naganna
- From 1:30 -3:00: The making of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag: Has Indian cinema finally woken up to bio-pics?: Farhan Akhtar, Prasoon Joshi, Rakeysh Mehra- in conversation with Bhawana Somaaya
- From 3:00 -4:00: "Let's talk couture": chronicling Fashion: Wendell Rodricks in conversation with Prasad Bidappa
- From 4:00 -5:00: Is Bhasha being subsumed by English?: Ashok Vajpeyi, U R Ananthamurthy and Ramakant Rath| moderated by Satchidananadan
28th September 2013:
- From 10:00 - 11:00: "Aao phir nazm kahein": Gulzar and Prasoon Joshi in conversation with Nasreen Munni Kabir
- From 12:00 - 1:00 P.M - Screen to Page: writing on Indian Cinema: Baradwaj Rangan,Sidharth Bhatia, MK Raghavendra and Nasreen Munni Kabir| mod by Sharmistha Gooptu
- From 2:00 - 3:00 P.M - "Solla sobagu: AaDu nuDiya sahithya sogaDu": Oral literary languages of Karnataka- Tulu, Kodava, Konkani and Beary: B M Hanif , Dr Chinnappa Gowda , Dr Rekha Vasanth and Prof Edwin J F D'souza|moderated by Dr B Viveka Rai.
- From 4- 5:00 P.M -Launch of Shashi Deshpande's 'Shadow Play' followed by a panel discussion on "Are we becoming a Bestseller generation?"- Shobhaa De, Ashwin Sanghi, Shashi Deshpande and Ian Jack| mod by Karthika VK.
- From 5:00 - 6:00 P.M - "Is Economic Development a garb for hard Right politics?--the Gujarat Model: Madhu Kishwar, Kingshuk Nag, Hartosh Singh Bal- moderated by Veeraraghav
- From 7.30-8.45 - A Hindustani Bansuri Recital by Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia
29th September 2013:
- From 10:00 - 11:00 A.M: "Thoughts that breathe: words that burn": a morning of poetry readings: Ashok Vajpeyi, Satchidanandan and Nabanita Dev Sen| moderated by Mamta Sagar
- From 12:00 - 1:00 P.M "Voices of India: young literateurs of Bhasha" : Arindam Borkataki, Dharmakirti Sumant , Vempalli Gangadhara and Farooq Shaheen| moderated by Jayant Kodkani (Presented by Central Sahitya Akademi)
- From 1:00 - 2:00 P.M Kannada mooladha maruvyaakhyaana: the history & antiquity of Kannada: Dr Venkatachala Shastry, Dr MM Kalburgi, Dr Padekal Vishnu Bhatt |moderated by Dr Shrinivas Murthy.
- From 4:00 - 5:00 P.M 69 Shades of Grey: scripting Erotica: Sheba Karim, Ashok Ferry, Minal Hajratwala| moderated by Harish Bijoor