The online registration for Joint Admission Test (JAM) for the year 2014 has started from 16 Sept 2013.
JAM 2014 entrance exam will be held on 9th February 2014. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur to conduct JAM 2014.
Click here to apply for the JAM 2014 entrance exam.
Exam / Test Pattern:
- The questions for Biological Sciences (BL) and Biotechnology (BT) Test Papers will have 100 Objective type questions, each having 1 mark.
- Each question will have four choices as possible answers, of which, only one will be correct.
- Candidates will get negative 1/3 for each wrong answer.
- These Test Papers have to be answered in an Objective Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble using a black ink ball point pen.
- Since the ORS will be evaluated by electronic means, it is imperative that the instructions given on the ORS are carefully read and followed by the candidates.
- The Question-cum-Answer Booklets for the Test Papers CY, GG, MA, MS and PH will consist of two parts (Part-I and Part-II).
- The weightage of Part-I is 60% and that of Part-II is 40%.
- Part-I will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQ). Some of the questions are of 1 mark each and others are of 2 marks each.
- Answers to this part have to be filled in the ORS by darkening the appropriate bubble as explained in the previous paragraph.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers. The negative marking scheme will be negative 1/3 for 1 mark question and negative 2/3 for 2 marks questions.
- Part-II will consist of Subjective type questions.
- The answers to Part-II have to be given at appropriate places in the "Question-cum-Answer Booklet" itself. No supplementary sheet will be provided.
JAM 2014 exam will be held on 9th Feb 2014 in two sessions.
|Date||Session||Time||Test Papers Codes|
|9th Feb 2013||I||9 AM to 12 PM||BT/CY/GG/MS|
|II||2 PM to 5 PM||BL/MA/PH|