National Level Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE ) is a scientifically designed skill based assessment test, for students of classes II to XII, (CBSE / ICSE /all State Board Syllabi). It is a National Maths and Science Olympiad test held for about 4,20,000 students: 14 countries. It is the largest in the continent National Level Science Talent Search Examination-2014.
NSTSE is a scientifically designed, skill-based assessment developed in India for Indian schools, after a detailed study of the syllabi of different central and state boards Unified Council is India's leading scientific assessment organisation.
NSTSE has been providing a strong foundation to the younger generation and helping them to succeed.
All competitive exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, AIIMS, AFMC, CAT, SAT, GRE and GMAT etc.. are designed to test one's fundamental strength. Around 4,20,000 students had participated in NSTSE-2013, this shows the popularity of this exam. NSTSE has been appreciated for its utility as a tool for catalysing improvement. It is also conducted simultaneously in Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Yemen, Oman, Kuwait, Russia, Nepal, Libya, Bahrain, Iran and Tanzania.
The NSTSE shall be comprehensive, independent examination that delivers challenging and high quality educational experience through a broad array of applied learning setting.
The NSTSE question papers are scientifically designed to test concept underlying the curriculum in an interesting way NSTSE, aimed providing valuable and detailed diagnostic report for specific improvement and further development of school students.
While NSTSE encourage students to reason critically and solve the problem, it also helps to boost confidence and enable students to realize their optimum potential.
Students of classes II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI (PCM and PCB), XII (PCM and PCB)
Options to apply for NSTSE exam
Students who wish to enroll, should fill in the registration form enclosed with this information brochure and submit the duly filled in registration form. It should be accompanied by a demand draft in favour of Unified Council, payable at Hyderabad for the following:
Option A): Rs. 150 which includes Examination fee (Rs.100/-) plus SPR (Rs.15/-) plus Postal charges for sending Success series book, Hall Ticket, Certificate and SPR (Rs.35/-).
Option B): Rs.200 which includes, examination fee (Rs.100/-) plus SPR (Rs.15/-) plus set of question papers (Rs. 40/-) plus postal charges for sending success series book, MQP, hall ticket, certificate and SPR (Rs. 45/-).
Please send the registration form along with DD preferably by courier/speed post. Instead of sending the DD, you can use online payment facility available at www.unifiedcouncil.com. You can also use Credit Card/Debit Card/NET Banking facility for online payment.
Students who wish to appear for the NSTSE are required to pay an examination fee of Rs. 100/- plus Rs. 15/-, towards the student's performance report (SPR). Students desirous of referring to a set previous years/model question papers should add Rs. 40/-.
Presentations of awards
Awards for Top 3 rank holders in each class will be presented by eminent personalities in a grand celebration which will be held at Hyderabad.
Those who do not receive their Admit Card by 22nd January, 2014 should contact the officials by Phone/Email immediately, mentioning the name, class, address and examination centre (or) you can also download the
admit card from the official website on 22nd January, 2013.
Important dates and timings
- Last date for receipt of applications: 27th September, 2013.
- Exam Date: 02nd February, 2014 (Sunday).
- Timings: 10.30 AM to 12.00 Noon.
Postal Address and E-Mail
The Director Unified Council,
# 16-11-16/1/B, Farhath Hospital Lane,
Saleem Nagar, Malakpet, Hyderabad-500036,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
NSTSE Awards Details:
- NSTSE topper will be awarded Rs. 2,00,000 cash prize". The students who achieves the highest percentage of marks among all classes is declared as NSTSE Topper.
- The top 3 rank holders in each class will be awarded a Tablet PC+ Memento + Medal.
- The next 7 rank holders in each class (Rank 4-10) of classes II-XII, will be awarded a cash prize of Rs.1000
- All the above rank holders (I-IX) will be offered a discount coupon of 50% on www.mapmySETP.com - India first scientifically designed portal, for Olympiad and Talent Exams preparation.
- NSTSE Topper: A student of any class who achieves 100% marks will be awarded prize money of Rs. 2,00,000. If none of the students achieves the same, then the student who achieves the highest percentage of the mark among all the classes will be awarded Rs.1,00,000. If there is more than one student who achieves the same, then the prize money will be distributed equally.
- Consolation Prizes:Top ranker in each class from selected cities will be awarded a Britannica Concise Encyclopedia-2013 edition CD worth Rs. 995/-. City wise topper is declared after the 100 ranks across the country and state topper.
- City rank: (for every class) will be declared for the classes having a minimum of 500 students in a particular city.