It provides them an opportunity to have international collaborative research opportunities, training in advanced techniques and technologies, in emerging fields.
Further, it enhances their research capacity and ability to contribute to higher education, with a global perspective and forging long-term relationships with distinguished experts in these fields, in USA.
- The applicant should be a permanent teacher in a university/institution recognised by UGC under 2(f) and 12B of UGC Act.
- The applicant should possess at least 60 per cent marks or equivalent in the post-graduate degree.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in respective academic discipline (Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science, Engineering, Technology, Agricultural Sciences) or MD/MS/Ph.D. in Medical Sciences.
- The applicant must provide proof of having carried out independent research work published in peer reviewed journals preferably indexed.
- The applicant should be of age up to 40 years as on 31 December 2012.
- The reservation will be available in accordance with the national norms.
Amount Of Fellowship:
The fellow will be entitled to fellowship amount of US $ 3000 per month. The minimum period of the fellowship would be 6 months and maximum period of fellowship would be 12 months.
Fellow will also be entitled to one time personal contingency grant of up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000 to cover for visa, airport transfer, medical insurance etc. Medical insurance expenses, visa fee, airport transfer charges will be met by the fellow from out of this personal contingency grant.
Fellow will also be permitted to travel within USA, to attend conferences or visit other institutes of interest with the approval of the advisor at the host institute. The fellow will be entitled to avail one of the following grants for this purpose.
i) Grant of $ 600 for fellowship period up to 6 months
ii) Grant of $ 1200 for fellowship period beyond 6 months
Air-tickets for all the selected fellow would be purchased by the respective university/institution by economy class for the shortest route from their place of work in India to the place of the American host institute and back.
The actual ticket amount would be reimbursed by UGC to the institution for the same on submission of all relevant documents duly certified by the competent authority of the institution.
Rules governing payment of salary, leave, medical, gratuity, GPF and pension etc. of the organisation/ institution/ university to which the fellow belongs would continue to be applicable. No liability on any of these accounts will be borne by UGC.
The candidate selected for the award for this fellowship should commence their research within six month period from the date of award announcement. Failure to do so would render the fellow to forfeit the award.
Last date for submission of application is 30/09/2013.