Candidates willing to apply for Indian Forests Service Examination have to appear in the civil services (preliminary) examination and move towards the second stage of Indian Forests Services Main Examination (written and Interview).
Model prepared by the UPSC for Forest Service Exam is given below. There are two main stages for the Indian Forests Service Examination such as:
1. Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam (Objective type)
Exam for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam, will comprise of two mandatory papers of 200 marks each. Candidates will be given two hours duration for the exam.
2. Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam (Written and Interview)
- Paper I: General English (300 marks)
- Paper II: General Knowledge (300 marks)
- Paper III, IV, V, VI: Candidates have to select any two subjects from the list of the optional subjects.
Optional subjects are:
Agriculture, Agriculture Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Chemical, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Forestry, Geology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Zoology.
Please Note: UPSC IFS exam 2013 Important Notification
- For Indian Forest Service Examination, there will be no changes in the eligibility of the candidate.
- Applications of candidates are now invited only for Preliminary Examination.
- Candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination by the Commission,will have to apply again.
- Online Application Form for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, will be available on the official website of the Commission after the result declaration of the Preliminary Examination.
- Main Examination will likely take place in the month of September/ October, 2013
For additional details, candidates are requested to visit the official website.