Please note: the participants must be a valid student of a University or a College.
Here are some rules and regulations that a participant must follow:
- The essay should be submitted on A4 size paper in double space typed on one side, and should contain around 3000 (three thousand) words, duly forwarded by Head of the Institution. A soft copy is also required.
- The essay must be original, not already published in any book, magazine and newspaper.
- Authentic certificate from the College/University, two passport size coloured photographs, correspondence and permanent address including contact number and E-mail ID of the participant must be provided on a separate sheet attached along with the essay.
- There are three cash prizes viz., First Prize of Rs. 25,000/-, Second Rs. 15,000/- & Third Rs. 10,000/-. Besides State level toppers of aforesaid competition will also be given a sum of Rs. 5,000/- as a consolation prize.
- The first, second and third prize winners will be given both ways AC-II class railway fare and State level toppers will be given second class sleeper fare.
- All prize winners shall be provided boarding and lodging in the University along with one relative (Father, mother, brother or sister).
- The essay must be sent to the Public Relations Officer, AMU; Aligarh latest by 25th September 2013.
- Information about the life and achievements of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, founder of the Aligarh Muslim University is available on the University website www.amu.ac.in.
- The prizes shall be presented on the occasion of Sir Syed Day celebration on October 17, 2013 by the Chief Guest.
For any further inquiry, participants may contact:
Dr. Rahat Abrar
Public Relations Officer