Online application in the prescribed form are invited from eligible candidates for the General Aptitude Test for determining eligibility for admission to Full‐time/Part‐time research leading to Ph.D/M.Sc. (Engineering) by Research Degree.
- Candidates should have a Master's degree in relevant discipline with 55% of marks from a recognised university.
- Candidates who are already qualified in the national eligibility test for junior research fellowship or lectureship of the UGC/CSIR or ICAR/GATE or ICMR JRF test, are also eligible to apply.
Scheme of the test:
- The general aptitude test will be of three hours duration and will carry a maximum of 200 marks.
- The test comprises of General Knowledge(40 marks), Short answers (120 marks), and an Essay (40 marks).
- Candidates can apply only in the subjects offered by the university and go in for specialisation at a later stage, while choosing the topic of research for registration for Ph.D.
Candidates will be selected based on entrance test score.
How to apply:
- Candidates must apply online and download the application form from the official website of Kerala University.
- The cost of application form is Rs 10/- and the fee for test is Rs 750/- for general candidates, Rs 375/- for SC/ST candidates.
- The filled application form along with DD drawn in favor of "Finance Officer, University of Kerala", should be payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
Last date for the submission of application form is 31st Aug 2013.