CAT exam is conducted for admissions to Management programmes for the year 2013-14.
The test is designed to evaluate the management aptitude of a student by testing his analytical and communication skills. It demands up to three to four months of intense preparation. The test is open for all graduates.
- The test comprises of two sections that are separately timed. Each of the sections will be held for 70 minutes (1 hour and 10 minutes). It consists of 30 questions in each section.
- Within the 70 min provided for the section, candidates can review the answers. Once the time ends for the first section, they will move to the second section and will no longer be able to go back.
- A 15-minute tutorial will be provided before the start of the test, and candidates are advised to go through the same carefully before starting the main examination.
- The total duration will be two hours and thirty five minutes including the tutorial. A practice test to provide candidates with a feel of the timed sections, as well as navigation and functionality of the actual test will be made available in the coming weeks.
- The test comprises of two sections:
(a) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
(b) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
- Once a section ends, aspirants can no longer go back to it. Aspirants will be presented with the section on Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation first, followed by Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
- Candidates will be given 15 minutes tutorial before the commencement of the main exam.