"The recommendation of MCI was received in the month of May 2013. However, the matter has been referred back to Board of Governors for re-examination on 4.06.2013," Minister of Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad said in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha.
The Minister said that among those medical colleges listed by MCI are
- Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad.
- Subharati Medical College, Meerut.
- School of Medical Sciences & Research, Greater Noida.
- Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences, Hapur.
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary Medical College, Gurgaion.
- Rama Medical College, Hapur.
Azad said medical colleges are recognised as per the provisions of Indian Medical Council (IMC) Act, 1956, and the regulations made thereunder and MCI inspects the medical colleges to assess the standards of examination and facilities available at the college as per minimum standard requirement as prescribed in Medical Council of India Regulation, 1999.
"Based on the recommendations of the Council, the central government recognises and notifies particular medical qualification being awarded to the students of that medical college under Section 11(2) iof IMC Act, 1956," he said.