The notification said that admissions should only be based on the merit of the students.
Candidates who want to take admissions under management quota in engineering colleges can obtain more details from www.apsche.org. Not more than five percent of the seats will be allotted to the NRI's under Category B quota.
Guidelines for Management Quota Engineering Admissions:
- All the private engineering colleges should issue notification in two main newspapers inviting applications for engineering admissions.
- Application proforma must be notified in the college and also in the college website
- Application proforma has to be sent to the related university and state higher education council through mail.
- Candidates have to download the application from various sites, fill them and register post the application to the colleges. Engineering colleges also must allow the candidates to apply online.
- Each college has to send merit list to Convener, EAMCET (admissions) and get approval. Only after it is approved should the admission be confirmed.
- In the filling of NRI seats, one of the parents of the candidate must be residing abroad. They should have at least 50% marks in Intermediate. They should have scored Cumulative Grade Point Average of at least five points out of ten points. Admission fee for these students is $5000 US Dollars.
- Fee for engineering admissions under each category should be collected as per the guidelines of Admission and Fee Regulatory Committee.
- Minority private unaided engineering colleges must fill the seats as per GO no.s 94, 48 and 61.