Second round PGET 2013 counselling commences from July 29 to 30, 2013.
Whereas, as per the counselling Process Document notified on 20th May 2013 and the counselling announcement made on 22nd May 2013, it was decided to hold only one round of counselling for PG courses for 2013.
In respect of Institutions coming under COMEDK on 29th & 30th May 2013, for dental and medical courses.
As per the consensual agreement between the Government of Karnataka and the Association of medical and dental colleges counselling / seat selection process shall comprise of two rounds.
Now, therefore, there will be one more round of counselling on 29th and 30th July 2013 which shall be the final round, with respect all the unfilled seats as on 29th May 2013 for Dental PG courses and as on 30th May 2013 for Medical PG courses.
This second round counselling also covers all the "available seats" as defined .
Further the candidates should come prepared for reporting to colleges immediately as the last date for admission, as fixed by Hon'ble Supreme Court, is 31st July 2013.
The availability seats and the college wise matrix for the second round would be notified in due course.
Eligibility to participate in second round of counselling:
- Candidates, who have not attended the counselling on May 29 & 90, 2013.
- Candidates, who have attended the first round of medical, dental counselling, but have not selected any seat,
- candidates, who have taken a seat during first round of medical or dental counselling, but not reported to the respective college on or before the date mentioned notified on 20/07/2013 in the seat allotment letter .
Procedure for seat selection process:
- The first session of the counselling is for the candidates belonging to the Minority category (only if the seats are available) of Christian or Tulu or Telugu domiciled in Karnataka, in the order of merit.
- Thereafter, the leftover seats under the Christian Minority category can be selected by such Christian Minority candidates hailing from States other than Karnataka.
- This opportunity is not available to (Tulu/Telugu) Minority candidates who are not from Karnataka.
- If the seats are still left unfilled under minority quota, they will be moved to General Merit category and the General Merit candidates would be counselled in the order of merit.
- Candidates who have selected minority seats will not be eligible to participate in the subsequent General Merit sessions of this round.
- During the General Merit session the candidates will be counselled in the order of merit as per the schedule.