The enhancement of the ceiling of the annual total family income from all sources will enable larger number of ST students avail benefits of the scheme. This will also act as a major incentive for ST students pursuing higher and technical education.
The decision does not entail any additional burden. The expenditure on account of revision of the scheme would be met under the existing budget allocation for each year.
The Central Sector scholarship scheme of "Top Class Education" for ST students' was approved by the Cabinet in its meeting held in May 2007 and came into force with effect from 2007-08.
The objective of the scheme is to provide adequate financial support to ST students for pursuing professional education in selected premier institutions of the country.
Eligibility for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships 2013
1. The student should have scored a minimum 80% of marks in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent.
2. Applicant should be an Indian national.
3. Applicant should have passed the Senior School Certificate Examination 2011 conducted by CBSE and
4. Have secured the total aggregate marks (in first five subjects) equal or above the following minimum marks as per the stream opted by the applicant:
5. Minimum Total Aggregate Marks for all categories (SC/ST/OBC/UR) to apply for Scholarship (Marks in first five subjects)
- Science - 410/500
- Commerce - 387/500
- Humanities - 330/500
For complete details on the Scheme click on the Central Sector Scholarships.
The complete details on the Central Sector Scholarship for the year 2013 will be available soon. Kindly visit this page for updates on the scholarship.