Objective: To provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Scope of the scheme: This scholarship will be awarded on the basis of the results of senior secondary examinations. 82000 fresh scholarships per annum i.e. 14000 for boys and 41000 for girls will be awarded for graduate/ postgraduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses such as Medical, Engineering etc.
The total number of scholarships will be divided among the State Boards based on the State's population in the age group of 18-28 years, after segregating share of CBSE and ICSE on the basis of the number of students passing out from various Boards in the Country.
Around 50% of the scholarships would be earmarked for girls. The number of scholarships allotted to a State Board would be distributed amongst pass outs of the Science, Commerce and Humanities streams of the State Board in the ratio of 3:2:1.
Eligibility for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships :
1. The student should have scored a minimum 80% of marks in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent.
2. Applicant should be an Indian national.
3. Applicant should have passed the Senior School Certificate Examination 2011 conducted by CBSE and
4. Have secured the total aggregate marks (in first five subjects) equal or above the following minimum marks as per the stream opted by the applicant:
5. Minimum Total Aggregate Marks for all categories (SC/ST/OBC/UR) to apply for Scholarship (Marks in first five subjects)
- Science - 410/500
- Commerce - 387/500
- Humanities - 330/500
Amount of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships
- The scholarship will be given @ Rs.1000/- per month at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.2000/- per month at Post graduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses would get Rs.2000/- per month in the 4th & 5th year. The scholarship would be paid for 10 months in an academic year.
How to apply.
- Check the eligibility criteria and minimum marks.
- If eligible, fill the sample format and get the Bank Details of your Account verified from the Bank Manager.
- Fill the application form of Scholarship online.
- Take a printout of online form, joining report and income affidavit format.
- Get the joining report verified from Institution's head from where degree course is pursued.
- Get the Income affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10/- duly sworn in before Notary public/ first class Executive Magistrate/ Revenue Officer should be submitted along with the application.
- Send the application with the documents mentioned below:
- Online print of the Statement of particulars duly signed by the applicant.
- Attested Joining report from Head of Institution/Report
- Mark Sheet of AISSCE-2010 and Caste Certificate
- Income affidavit issued by the employee of both the parents should be attached along with the affidavit wherever applicable.
- The examining bodies will draw up a merit list of scholars likely to be eligible for scholarship within five weeks after the results of the examinations are announced by the Boards/ Universities for all students. The income of the student's parents will be taken into account before preparing the list.
- The boards/universities in the State/ Union Territory will write to the eligible students from the top of the merit list up to twice the number of scholarship available through a registered letter to confirm within 15 days whether he/she is prepared to accept the scholarship.
- The candidates from those replies are not received within 30 days of the State Board/ CBSE/ ICSE seeking their willingness will not be considered for scholarship and the award will be given to the next eligible candidates in the merit list.
- The Board/ Universities in the State/ Union Territory will send the entitlement card, income affidavit form and a form of 'Statement of Particulars' to each candidate shortlisted for consideration for the award of scholarship.
- The shortlisted scholars shall present the entitlement card, income affidavit form and statement of particulars duly filled-in to the Head of the Institution joined by him/her.
- The head of the institute will complete the Entitlement card and send it to the concerned State Board, CBSE, ICSE as the case may be.
For more details, please click on Guidelines for Central Sector Scholarships 2013.
Please Note: Application Forms are yet to be released by the Central Board. Please check in for updates. We shall announce here, once the application forms are made available.
The Deputy Secretary,
Administration & Vigilance,
Central Board of Secondary Education, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi - 110 301
Email - email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.cbse.nic.in