Under this scheme, 2000 Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students with disabilities for degree and post graduate level professional and technical courses from recognised institutions in India.
30% scholarships will be reserved for girls, which will be transferable to male students in case of non-availability of female candidates.
Scholarship of Rs.1000/-p.m. for hostellers and Rs.700/-p.m. for day scholars studying in professional courses at graduation and a level above, and Rs.700/-p.m. for hostellers and Rs.400/-p.m. for day scholars pursuing Diploma/Certificate level professional courses. Course fee will be reimbursed upto ceiling of Rs.10,000/- per year.
Reimbursement of Non-Refundable fees is restricted to the limit of fee for similar courses in Government/ Government - aided institutions.
Maintenance allowance will be paid to the students for 10 months @ Rs. 2500/ per month for Professional Graduate Courses and Rs.3000/- per month for Professional Post-Graduate Courses for one academic year.
Books/Stationery allowance will be paid to students pursuing Professional Graduate Courses @ Rs.6,000/- per annum and Rs.10,000/- per annum for pursuing Professional Post-Graduate Courses.
Financial assistance can be given for computer with editing software for blind/deaf graduate and post graduate students pursuing professional courses and for support access software for cerebral palsy students.
For Trust Fund:
Monthly income of the beneficiary /parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.25,000/- (Rs. 3.00 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
For National Fund:
Monthly income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.15,000/ - (Rs. 1.80 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
How to apply:
- The applicant has to apply online www.nhfdc.nic.in .
- The filled application form along with requisite documents duly countersigned and recommended by the head of the institution should reach National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007.
List of enclosures along with hard copy of application:
- Academic records (attested copy of certificates and Mark sheets - matric & above).
- Family Income Certificate/ Proof of annual income, e.g. Salary Slip, last Income tax Assessment order.
- Attested copy of Disability Certificate.
- Course fee receipt (if any) with break up of each item duly paid during the academic session.
- Hostel Certificate or certificate from the house owner in case of accommodation hired by at least by a group of 3 students living together with common mess arrangements.
For further details, please visit website of NHFDC "www.nhfdc.nic.in " or contact: NHFDC at Telephone nos. 0129 - 2226910, 2287512, 2287513 Fax no. 0129 - 2284371, E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org .