These courses aim to develop pool of technically trained manpower, who are readily available to be recruited into the Indian power sector. The courses shall enhance the knowledge and skills of the engineers, who are fresh graduates / diploma engineers, sponsored by various power institutes.
The programme are offered in:
- Post Diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma course in Transmission & Distribution
About the courses:
These are modular course of duration 52 weeks PDC (TPPE) & 26 weeks PGDC (T&D) respectively. Formal coaching will be held at regional institute of NPTI located at Badarpur (New Delhi).
On job training for PDC is conducted at nearby power stations and the training on state of art simulator, at NPTI, Faridabad / Badarpur / Nagpur or some other place.
Simulator training for T&D programme will be held at Bangalore. The courses cover the syllabus as per the Indian Electricity Rules.
For Post Diploma:
- Candidates should have a 60% of marks in 10th & Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering discipline from a recognised institution.
For PGDC (T&D):
- Candidates should have a 60% of marks in 10+2 & 60% in B.E in Electrical/ Power/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering discipline form a recognised university.
Candidates will be selected based on merit in qualifying examination.
How to apply:
- The Application form and Prospectus can be downloaded from the official website of National Power Training Institute.
- The filled application form along with a demand draft of Rs. 800/- in favor of "NPTI, Badarpur", payable at New Delhi should be submitted to the admission office.
Last date for the submission of application form is July 26, 2013.
Results / Counseling list declaration: Aug 09, 2013.
The Principal Director,
National Power Training Institute,
Badarpur, New Delhi - 110044.
Tel: 011 - 26940722.