Both Government and Private Institutes will participate in seat allocation through CSAB. Government Technical Institutes (GFTIs) are National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT and IITDM), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) and State Funded Technical Institutes. Private Institutes are called Self Financed Technical Institutes (SFTIs).
Seats in CSAB will be allocated on the basis of JEE (Main) All India Ranks of the candidates provided by CBSE. No other rank will be used for seat allocation.
Here are a few details on how you can fill your choices and gain admissions.
- On line choice filling can be done during July 01-08, 2013 on or before 05:00 PM of July 08, 2013.
- During the period of choice filling, the candidates are free to change, reorder, delete and add their choices of branches/institutes as per their preference. The modifications will not be possible once the choices are locked.
- All candidates must lock their choices during July 06-08, 2013 on or before 05:00 PM of July 08, 2013.
- Candidates will not be able to unlock their choices once they have locked it.
- If candidates fail to explicitly lock their choices by 05.00 PM of July 08, 2013, their last saved choices will be automatically locked after this deadline.
- Candidates may take a printout of their locked choices for their own reference.
- The choices made by the candidate are not changeable after locking and shall be used for the seat allocation for both first and second round.
- Registered candidates who did not fill any choices or failed to save them cannot be considered for seat allocation and admission. However, they may participate for the spot round and extra spot round seat allocation if they give choices for these rounds, during July 17-20, 2013.
- Some of the Institutes and branches have additional restrictions on qualifications, age, gender and categories. These restrictions are given below. Candidates are advised to carefully go through all instructions before filling their choices in order to ensure that they satisfy all the additional criteria for these branches/institutes.
Please Note: CSAB will not be responsible for any errors/misjudgments on the part of the candidates.