The preperation and launching of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing degree programme has been agreed upon by
IGNOU, at the request of Indian Nursing Council.
The University follows the credit system for its various Degree programmes. Each credit amounts to 30 hours
of study comprising all learning activities. Thus a four credit course involves 120 study hours and an eight credit course involves 240 study hours. To complete the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme successfully, student will have to earn 108 credits over a period of 3 to 5 years depending on her/his convenience.
The Post Basic Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a three year Degree programme. This course has two
major components: theory and practicals. It is divided into 22 courses; 11 theory and 11 practical.
- Candidates must have 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with minimum of two years experience in the profession.
- Candidates must have 10th class (Matriculation) or its equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with minimum of five years experience in the profession.
- National merit list will be prepared as per the general category and reserved categories .
- Admissions will be done through an Entrance Test for the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing programme on the basis of merit.
- The total marks of Entrance test for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing programme will be 120.
- Admission will be confirmed only after verification of orginal certificate during counseling.
Programme Fee Rs 15,000/- per annum which is subject to change.
How to apply:
Application form can be downloaded from the website of IGNOU.