Osmania University to conduct Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (AP. SET) for candidates besides possessing minimum academic qualifications are required to qualify in a comprehensive test specifically conducted for the purpose of obtaining eligibility for appointment as Lecturers/Assistant Professors.
The State Eligibility Test (SET) is based on the pattern of the National Eligibility Test (CSIR/UGCNET) conducted by UGC/CSIR. The State Governments and Union Territories, who wish to conduct the SET are supposed to obtain accreditation from UGC from time to time.
Eligibility criteria to appear for the test:
- The candidate must have a Master's Degree from a UGC recognized university with minimum 55% marks for General/BC candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/PH/VH. Candidates who are appearing in the final year of their Post-Graduate examination may also appear in this examination.
- For details of subjects, scheme of test and examination centers see the Information Brochure provided in www.apset.org, and www.osmania.ac.in .
- OC candidates: Rs 700/-
- BC candidates: Rs 500/-
- SC/ST/PH/VH candidates: Rs 250/-
How to apply:
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on www.apset.org. Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will besummarily rejected.
- Candidate seeking admission to the APSET must apply online by providing his/her name and other details for registration (i.e.www.apset.org and www.osmania.ac.in).
- Before applying online, the candidate must possess the following (i) scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG (.jpeg) format of less than 300 kb, ii) scanned
- the signature of the candidate in JPEG (.jpeg) format of less than 10 kb.
- The candidates are required to download the Bank Challan form the AP-SET website and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of State Bank of Hyderabad along with the bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/-.
- The candidates must affix their recent identical passport size photograph at place indicated on the printout of Online Application Form and must sign across photograph after it is affixed so that a part of the signature spreads over Application Form beyond the photograph. Besides, it should be duly attested by Head of the University Department/Principal of the Colleges/Gazzetted Officer.
- BC/SC/ST/PH/VH candidates must enclose the attested copy of the certificate for the same.
- The printout of online application form along with required documents must reach the Office of APSET by person or through speed/registered post or courier.
- The envelope containing the Application Form should be superscribed "AP State Eligibility Test - 2013".
- Last date for Submission of Online application form: July 26, 2013.
- Last date for Submission of Online application form (with late fee of Rs 200/-): July 31, 2013.
- Last date for submission of printed online application: Aug 10, 2013.
- APSET 2013 exam will be held on: Sept 22, 2013.
The Member Secretary,
AP-SET Office, II-Floor, Block-II,
PGRR Center for Distance Education,
Osmania University Campus,
Contact Phone: 040-27097733.