There are sixteen IIT's at present, located across India along with Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad. Around 9,867 seats are available in these institutions.
Candidates who have scored aggregate marks of 156 (upto CML Rank 7436) and above are being asked to fill choices for courses at IITs and ISM, Dhanbad where the total General Category seats available are only 4841.
The admissions to the Undergraduate Programmes for the academic year 2013-2014 for all Indian and Foreign nationals at these institutions are made through the JEE (Advanced)-2013.
Click here to register for Online seat selection process.
Schedule for Document Verification:
Candidates who have been provisionally offered a seat at any IIT/ISM in the first round of course allocation are required to appear for document verification at their Zonal IITs (IIT where you sent your registration form).
- For OBC and all PwD Category candidates: July 4 & 5, 2013.
- For SC and ST Category candidates: July 6, 2013.
- All others: July 7 & 8, 2013.
Documents carried for verification:
- Printout of the course allotment letter from JCOP portal.
- Original Admit card of JEE (Advanced) - 2013.
- Duly filled application form.
- Dully filled Medical Examination Report.
- Class X( High School) Board Certificate/ Any other certificate as proof of data of birth.
- Mark sheet and certificate of passing the qualifying examination.
- Certificate of category (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PwD/DS) issued by the competent authority. The format of the certificates are available in the Information Brochure of JEE (Advanced)-2013 irrespective of whether or not such a document was given along with the JEE (Advanced) registration form.
- Attested photocopy of the page in their passport that contains the name, photo and nationality (Only for the foreign national candidates).
- Demand Draft for the Registration Fees Rs. 60,000/- (Rs.20,000/- in case of SC/ST category) to accept the offer of admission. Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of Organizing Chairman, JEE (Advanced)-2013, Payable at New Delhi.