Admissions to the courses are regulated on the basis of merit as assessed in the Entrance Examination conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Government of Kerala. The candidates under Service Quota should qualify the Entrance Examination and selection will be made based on their seniority in service.
Around 110 seats are available for admissions under govt quota seats.
Total seats available for various Post graduate Nursing courses in Government Colleges are categorized under State Merit Quota, Physically disabled quota, SEBC Quota, SC/ST Quota and Service Quota. Total seats available in private college are categorized under Merit Quota, Physically disabled quota, SEBC Quota, SC/ST Quota.
The specializations are offered in:
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Indian Citizen of Kerala origin.
- Candidates, who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents and have obtained B.Sc Nursing degree from any of the Nursing Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/PD reservation benefits.
- Candidates who are not of Kerala origin but have been resident of Kerala for a period of not less than 8 years. But they will not be eligible for communal/PD reservation benefits.
- Candidate should have passed the Bachelor Degree in Nursing of Kerala, Calicut, Mahatma Gandhi, Cochin, Kannur University or any other University recognized by KUHS, Kerala, Calicut , Mahatma Gandhi University, Cohin or Kannur University. Only candidates who passed a regular degree program will be eligible for admission.
- The upper age limit for General Merit candidates shall be 46 years and for Service candidates 49 years as on the date of notification of inviting application.
How to apply:
- The application forms are common for all candidates including Service Candidates applying for the course.
- Candidates seeking admission to the course can apply in the online application form provided in the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in .
- The candidates outside Kerala can remit the application fee by way of a Demand Draft for the requisite amount, drawn from any nationalized bank in favour of Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. Application fee for General candidates is Rs.1000/- (Rupees Thousand only) and in the case of SC/ST candidates and those eligible for SC/ST benefits as per G.O (MS) No.25/05/SCSTDD dated 20.06.2005 is Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only).
- The Prospectus can be downloaded from this website.
- The application forms and the prospectus will not be available from the Nursing Colleges or from the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. Service candidate seeking admission in General Quota also, should pay extra Rs.1000/-.
Online Application form will be available till: July 01, 2013.
Last date and time for receipt of filled-in application printout: July 02nd, 2013
Admit cards will be available online from: 10th July 2013
Date of Entrance Examination: 21st July 2013.