Anna University introduced a scheme called as an "Industrial Consortium" wherein industries which are involved in Design, Manufacturing and Research related activities can sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the University for the following benefits.
- Students get industrial exposure in industries like carrying out project work, visit to industries and also training.
- Staff of the department can interact with the industry.
- Industry takes part in the academic activities.
- To make use of the expertise available from the industry for the benefit of both the faculty and students.
- To make use of the expertise available in the University for the benefit of practicing engineers in the industry.
- To make use of the facilities available in the University Department Laboratories for testing and consultation activities.
- As a part of the MoU, the company can also sponsor a candidate relevant to the discipline under any of the Faculty of Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / I.T. Etc.
For the collaboration of Industries with University by signing the MoU, an application form has to be submitted. The forms can be obtained from the OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR, ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI-25 between 10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all working days from June 7th - June 30th, 2013 with a requisition letter in the company's letter head and by paying Rs 500/- in the form of Cash or Demand Draft drawn in favour of "The Registrar, Anna University, Chennai -25"
The filled-in application should be submitted along with all the relevant testimonials in time. Incomplete applications with irrelevant data will be summarily rejected. Therefore, the applicant should ensure that the following details / documents are enclosed with the application.