A student can avail up to Rs 1 lac per year, under this program, depending on the program chosen. To be eligible for this scholarship, students have to be academically strong, and basis performance in the board examination, graduation or the national/state level tests, scholarship amount is decided. University in last couple of years is also recognizing not only academically strong students but also candidates who have performed at state/national or international sports activities. Scholarships are applicable to almost all the 200 programs offered by the university.
One of the benefitted students this year from Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), Mohammed Mazhar, who has enrolled himself for B Tech (Hons)- M Tech Dual Degree Programme of Mechanical Engineering, is pleased on receiving scholarship of Rs one lac per year. Referring to LPU scholarship program he mentioned: Even after scoring 93.6% marks in 10+2 I would not have been able to pursue higher education because of very weak financial family condition. It is only because of LPU scholarship program that extends throughout the duration of program, that I am able to pursue my dream of becoming an Engineer. Due to LPU's scholarship cum financial aid scheme he has been able to pursue higher education. As he was not in a good financial position, it was impossible for him to get quality higher education.
LPU Chancellor Mr Ashok Mittal said: "LPU strongly strives to provide higher education to all meritorious students. We do not want that a capable student be debarred from receiving quality education. I am happy to see that we have been able to make this positive impact for large number of people across the country."
Who can apply for LPU-TFA 2013:
1. All the applicants who have taken admission or provisionally registered for admission at LPU and have not availed any scholarship scheme offered by the University may apply for LPU-TFA 2013.
2. However applicants taking admission on the basis of eligibility test will not be required to appear for TFA separately as the score of respective Eligibility Test (First Chance) will be considered for deciding financial aid.
How to Apply:
- Based on the Programme in which admission has been taken, the applicant will opt for appropriate TFA Test Code (as mentioned under 'Test Codes' ) on the 'Pre-Application Supplement Form for LPU- TFA 2013' .
- The form filled in all respects should be submitted :
- either in person to the Admission Office at the University Campus or at the designated camp offices of the University or at such other places as specified by the University;
- by registered post/courier at the University Campus only.
- The University will not be responsible for any loss or postal delay and no correspondence/ inquiry will be entertained in this regard.
For more details click on LPU Financial Aid Program.