Objective of this scheme: The scholarship at pre-matric level will encourage parents from minority communities to send their school going children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education. The scheme will form the foundation for their educational attainment and provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education, which is one of the objectives of this scheme, has the potential to lead to upliftment of the socioeconomic conditions of the minority communities.
Earmarking for girl students: 30% of the scholarship will be earmarked for girl students. In case sufficient number of eligible girl students are not available, then the balance earmarked scholarships may be awarded to eligible boy students.
Selection: As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks. In case of the renewal applications, such applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
Conditions for Scholarship:
1. To be eligible, students should have scored not less than 50% of aggregate marks in their previous final examination. In case of 1st Std students, 50% of marks requirement will not apply. Only the income criteria are applicable.
2. The annual income of the students Parents/Guardian from all sources should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh. Enclose attested copy of the Income Certificate issued by the Tahsildar or Original Income Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 20% and notarized by the public notary with seal and signature.
3. The students who have been sanctioned scholarship for 2012-13 are eligible to apply for renewal for 2013-14, on scoring 50% and above marks in the previous year's final examination.
4. Application received after the last date of submission will not be considered.
5. Incomplete application and incomplete documents will not be entertained for scholarships.
6. Students applying for scholarship (both fresh and renewal) shall have a bank account , and the details including Account No. IFSC Code no, Name of the bank, Branch and address have to be furnished in the column provided for this purpose.
7. The list of Pre-Matric Scholarship for the year 2012-13 is displayed on the Official Website (www.gokdom.com) of the Department. These students can apply for renewal of scholarship for the academic year 2013-14.
How To Apply?
1. Log on to the website www.gokdom.com and download the application form for the year 2013-14.
2. Fill all the required information in the form and submit the same to the concerned school head masters/Principals along with the required documents, marks cards, photo etc. and submit the same to the head master of your school on or before 5th August, 2013.
3. The School Head masters/ Principals should collect the application forms from all the eligible students and prepare a list of Fresh and Renewal students in the format given and submit the list along with the original application forms to the Block Educational Officer of your block.
4. Head Masters/ Principals should take precaution not to include the names of students from other communities other than the 6 minority Communities as mentioned.
5. Applications submitted directly to the Directorate at Bangalore will not be considered.
6. The last date for submission of the list along with the original applications by the head masters/ principals to their respective B.E.O's is 14-8-2013.
7. Applications and lists submitted by the Head Master/ Principals after the last date of submission will not be considered.
8. The Head master/ Principal should insist the parents to furnish their correct annual income.
For more details, you can contact: 080-22863617/ 22863618 or the website of Minority Department.