The candidates who have acquired Diploma/Degree will compete at an All India Entrance exam to get lateral admission in the 3rd semester of UG programmes of NIFT. The admission to these candidates will be strictly on merit which will be prepared based on the performance of candidates in written test and a personal interview. The candidates selected through lateral entry will join the regular UG students of NIFT in their second year.
The Programes are offered in:
- Fashion Design
- Leather Design
- Fashion Communication
- Knitwear Design
- Accessory Design
- Apparel Production
- The candidates should possess a 3 year Diploma/Degree after 10th/10+2 in courses related to fashion courses Central/State
- Government institute or AICTE / AIU / UGC/ Govt. recognized institute / college / university.
- Candidates having science background with a Diploma/Degree in engineering may also apply.
How to apply:
- Aspirants are required to submit their forms to the NIFT Centres where the student intends to take the Entrance Examination along with the Application Fee and required documents.
- Candidate are required to submit a Demand Draft for Rs.1100/- (Rs 550/- for SC/ST/PWD) drawn in favour of NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY, payable at the city of the centre selected for taking the entrance examination alongwith the duly lled-in NIFT Lateral Entry Admission form.
- The application must be addressed to Campus Director in an envelope indicating "Application for NIFT Lateral Entry Admission- 2013".
Click here to get more information.
Last date for the submission of application form is June 11, 2013.
Display of selected candidates: June 21, 2013.
Written examination & Interview: June 28, 2013.