Attano is democratizing content for Higher Education making it available and affordable for higher education students in the country like never before.
Attano is India's largest online marketplace selling interactive educational content from KG to PG. On June 3, Pearson, Sheth, Lakshmi (educational book publishers) will be selling their content ‘Chapter wise'. Yes, students now do not have to buy the whole book but buy a chapter of the book.
The cost of the chapter starts from as low as INR 3. (Attano plans to repeat History: repeat what Sachets did for Shampoo sales, iTunes did for music sales (Selling songs Vs Albums) while helping content owners fight piracy (napster era similar to photocopying).
College Students can now mix and match the best chapters from the best authors for their course curriculum; Chapters start at just ₹3.
- No longer need to buy an entire book to get a chapter
- No longer need to run to the neighbourhood photocopy shop
- First in India
- First in the world as a marketplace selling educational content (Pearson as a publisher is selling by chapter in the US)
- Paradigm shift for the Textbook Industry, for both Students and Publishers.
- Providing students access to high quality educational content at micro price-points. Price points equivalent to local bus fare, sachet of shampoo, Parle-G biscuits.
- Leading titles across Engineering, Management, Science & Commerce from several leading publishers
- Why photocopy textbooks when you can save time, effort & money via buying eChapters.
- Technology-led Disruption creates a new market and unlocks value for the entire ecosystem.
- Tens of thousands of eChapters available on Attano.com
Why and how would this announcement change the education industry:
1. India has 236 Million students of which :
- Elementary School: 131 Mn
- Middle School: 52 Mn
- High School:36 Mn
2. Available for students breaking all geography boundaries.
3. Can be studied/ worked on in an offline mode- once the chapter is downloaded on the device.
4. Micro-pricing not possible in paperback books. Technology helping students and publishers.
5. Pearson (the global leader in education publishing) and Sheth Publishers, Laxmi Publications (both leading publishers in India) are anchor partners on this effort. (More will be announced in time)
6. Chapters start at ₹3. These are Graduate/Post Graduate Chapters.
7. Will be available for android tablets, personal computers and the iPad. This is the mobile era.
8. India is the largest education opportunity globally. More students in India than citizens in the US.
Attano is India's first Interactive Educational eBook store. The Attano marketplace offers the most up-to-date and in-demand eBooks from leading publishers and digital content owners. Attano's distribution network reaches over 100,000 students through its web and app stores and tie-ups with some of India's largest electronic majors.
With Attano eBooks, you can watch videos, take tests, read reports. Search, bookmark, highlight, add notes, and experience more value. Carry a year's worth of text books in a solution that is affordable, lightweight and mobile.
Attano eBooks are available for iPads, Android devices and Windows PCs and laptops.