Students who attend the counselling are hereby informed that oneindia education is providing you the Schedule, eligibility criteria, list of documents you need to collect and the procedure of the entire PGET 2013 Counselling Procedure.
A. Verification and submission of all original documents, certificates, Demand Draft, Biometric Verification and Online Photo Capture .
B. Registration of the candidates by verifying Signature, Photo, and Photo ID in original produced at the time of writing the test on 3rd February 2013.
C. Exercising the option by the registered candidates which involves selection of a seat in accordance with the order of merit.
D. Remittance of Fees in the form of Demand Draft at the Bank Counter
E. Issue of Allotment letter.
Excuses like flight/train/bus/local transportation delayed or on any health /social grounds etc., will not be entertained for being late to the counselling venue. However, COMEDK may at its discretion, organize an exclusive session called ‘latecomer session' to all those who are latecomers during any session of that day, only after the completion of all the sessions proposed for that day. The said latecomers are entitled for seat selection amongst the seats available at that point of counseling.
SEAT SELECTION PROCESS:
- The candidates are required to be present compulsorily for seat selection process. Only one person (parent, guardian or spouse) can accompany the candidate for the entire counselling process. Use of Cell Phones / Laptops / I-pads or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited inside the Counselling Venue.
- The entire seat selection process in the COMEDK is controlled by a computer system right from the stage of registration till the stage of printing of Allotment letter. The sophisticated software used in the system has the ability to control the initial registration, provide data for verification of the original documents and to take care of the selection of the seats by the candidates in the order of merit, payment of fees and finally printing the allotment letter.
- The candidates will be allowed to exercise the ir option and select a seat strictly in the order of merit. A day is divided into multiple sessions and the first session begins at 8:00AM. The candidate will be allowed to participate in accordance with the notified time schedule and as per the stipulate d rank ranges only. Earlier to that the candidates are required to get all the original documents, certificates & Demand Draft, Biometric, Signature, Photo and Photo Identification (in original) verified and later to register themselves.
- A merit list is generated for each of the session once the candidate comes to the seat selection. A candidate who has the better rank gets the opportunity to select a seat earlier. A dynamic screen will show course-wise and college-wise availability of seats, which helps the candidates to make up their mind in advance. The moment the option is exercised, the computer will show one seat less against the course/college from which the candidate has selected the seat. Therefore, once a candidate selects a seat according to order of merit, it cannot be changed subsequently.
- After seat selection, the candidate will go to the bank counter & deposit the Demand Draft for prescribed annual tuition fee. After this the candidate will be given an Allotment Letter which he / she have to submit to the college chosen at the time of admission.
- The Allotment letter has built in security features and cannot be duplicated. No duplicate Allotment letter will be issued for any reason. If it is found that the allotment letter issued to the candidate is tampered, the COMEDK reserves the right to cancel such allotment and the candidate will for feit the entire fee paid. If the original Allotment Letter is lost, the candidate will loose the selected seat as well. Hence the candidates are cautioned to be more careful. Excuses such as a police complaint is filed in this behalf, FIR lodged etc., will not be entertained.
- No candidate will be allowed to change the ‘seat' once selected during the same counselling round. Hence, the candidates are cautioned to be very careful during the counselling process.
- The issue of Allotment letter by the COMEDK will enable the candidate to join the concerned college, subject to his/her meeting all the eligibility requirements as prescribed by MCI / DCI and the concerned university in Karnataka. Hence at the college level, all the original documents are once again verified before making the admission.
SEAT SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR MINORITY CANDIDATES:
- The first session of the counselling is for the candidates belonging to the Minority category of Christian or Tulu or Telugu domiciled in Karnataka in the order of merit. Thereafter, the leftover seats under the Christian Minority category can be selected by such Christian Minority candidates hailing from States other than Karnataka. This opportunity is not available to (Tulu/Telugu) Minority candidates belonging to outside Karnataka.
- If the seats are still left unfilled under minority quota they will be moved to General Merit category and the General Merit candidates would be counselled in the order of merit.
- Candidates who have selected minority seats will not be eligible to participate in the subsequent General Merit session s of this round.
GROUNDS FOR REJECTION:
(i) if the documents are found to be not in order or if there is a likelihood of falsification or the expert committee is not convinced about the genuineness of the documents submitted at the verification counter;
(ii) if there is a mismatch of photo, finger impression, signature of the candidate, photo ID produced at the time of writing the entrance test, or if there is any reasonable doubt that there is malafide intent of impersonation, such of the candidate/s will be debarred and criminal proceedings may be initiated. The decision of the expert committee shall be final in this regard.
REFUND OF FEE POLICY:
Refund of excess amount in tuition fee paid if any, by the candidate for the selected seat will be made by cheque in the name of candidate only.