COMEDK is holding a centralized Counselling on 27th & 28th of May 2013 for admissions to Post-Graduate Medical and Dental courses in respect of 12 medical and 19 dental colleges in the State.
As per the Medical /Dental Council of India, the minimum percentage of marks in the entrance test (COMEDK PGET-2013) for eligibility to participate in the counselling processes leading to admission to Post Graduate Courses shall be 50% for General Category candidates and 40% for the candidates belonging to All India Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes belonging to Karnataka State only.
- Candidate must be physically present and no proxy registration is possible under any circumstances. (Medical certificates / affidavits for any physical non-presence will not be accepted).
- Only those candidates who have completed or will be completing their Internship on or before 30/4/2013 are eligible for Centralized counselling to pursue their PG courses in Medical / Dental Stream for the academic year 2013-2014 as per Medical /Dental Council of India .
- All candidates have to show the original documents specified at Para 10 without which they will not be allowed to enter the Auditorium where the counselling is held .
- Request such as the originals have been lost and a police complaint filed or F.I.R lodged and hence duplicate marks card or other certificates be accepted will not be entertained under any circumstances.
ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS FOR COUNSELING:
Only Original Certificates along with one set of photocopies of the following ELEVEN documents shall be furnished compulsorily at the time of counselling. (Please ensure to have enough photocopies of original documents for your use).
1. COMEDK PGET-2013 Rank Card.(Printed Online copy),SSLC or 10th Standard Marks card, Passing Certificate or Transfer
2. Certificate for the proof of Date of Birth.
3. MBBS/BDS (All Marks Card/s).
4. Photo Identity in original produced at the time of writing the Entrance Test on 3rd Feb, 2013 (No other photo ID is acceptable)
5. Permanent / Provisional degree certificate.
6. Permanent / Provisional State / Central Council registration Certificate.
7. Attempt Certificate(if applicable).
8. Internship completion Certificate / Certificate for date of completion of internship duly signed by the Head of the Institution last studied in case of candidates who have not yet completed their internship at the time of counselling (Candidates would be eligible for seat selection only if they complete their internship on or before 30/04/2013).
9. Candidates belonging to all India SC/ ST and OBC (of Karnataka State) would be considered, provided they furnish the following Certificates:
(a). SC/ST: Caste Certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue jurisdictional authority authorized to issue such certificate.
(b) OBC: Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB: As notified by the Government of Karnataka - Caste and income Certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue jurisdictional authority authorized to issue such certificate. If valid certificates are not furnished, the candidate will be considered under General Merit Category subject to obtaining 50% and above in the Entrance Test.
(a) Minority candidates -Religious (Christian), Linguistics (Telugu / Tulu) shall produce certificate as per Annexure - I.
(b) Residential/Domicile certificate issued by the competent authority to show that he/she or his/her parents (Father/Mother) has been a resident of Karnataka state for a period of not less than Ten years shall be produced as per Annexure-II.
(c) In the event of furnishing of residential /domicile certificate, proof of either father/ mother of the candidate having studied in Karnataka State for a continuous period of Ten year s shall also be produced.
(d) Seat selection opportunity for Christian minority seats will be for the minority candidates of Karnataka & only thereafter, if available, remaining seats will be offered to candidates of other states.
11. Demand Draft drawn only from the Nationalised banks in favour of ‘COMEDK' and Indicating the Test Admission Ticket Number (TAT Number) there on payable at Bangalore; the list of Nationalized Banks is given at Annexure-III.
Sample Demand Draft: