Many students got admission and pay the requisite Fee as demanded in any college. This results in money and time consuming as well as finish their career. So this is the time to be alert for such type of college or Institutes that are not approved or registered.
Every year, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) will approve any institutions after verifying the Infrastructure, number of Faculties, Qualification and Experience of faculties, lab facilities, location etc. these things are necessary to get approval from AICTE.
To check whether The Institutes/College is AICTE approved or registered visit the official website of that particular University/Colleges/institutes. Check their letter of approvals on the website. If you cannot find the approval letter, then you may visit the official website of University Grant Commission (UGC). You will find the names of the registered Universities or Colleges.
So do not take admission until you not satisfy for the approval of that college. Once an institution is approved by AICTE, they ensure that institute delivers quality education.
Check the following parameters to get admission in good colleges:
College Accreditation by NBA:
- NBA stands for National Board of Accreditation. This board is an extension of AICTE. If a college gets accreditation from NBA, then the college is a standard college. NBA accreditation concept includes colleges for lab facilities, infrastructure facilities, faculty qualification, student - faculty ratio, adequate class rooms, etc
College fee structure as per Government norms:
- The next important thing to check for the college fee structure. Whether the fee structure is as per the Government norms. It is well known that self finance colleges will collect the fees more than that of government norms. This may be due to some additional terms like, transport, food, training programmes, etc.
Infrastructure and resources for a good college:
- The infrastructure should be at standard level for a good college. Infrastructure plays a vital role for good environment for a college. This will help students to study well and score good marks in their exams. Adequate class rooms, lab facility, Faculty - student ratio, qualification of faculties, etc.
Qualification and experience of faculties:
- Faculties should have sound knowledge in their subjects. Then only the teaching methodology will be very effective. Otherwise, they will just transfer the content from book to student's mind. It is not a good way of teaching methodology. We have to analyse the faculties with their qualification and experience.
Training and placement:
- Most of the colleges are organizing campus placement during their final year. But, the placement is purely depended on the training given during the study period. If an engineering student wants to get placement, he or she should be well trained in various aspects.
As the student's career path will be decided in their college and their course, it is suggested that getting admission in a good college with all the above aspects. If everything happened in a good standard, then they help the student for a bright future. So this is a great responsibility for parents and students to select good college for their bright future.